EyeGuru is a new, excellent near-peer resource "by-and-for" residents. Many of their tutorials and articles are appropriate for an ophthalmology-bound medical student who wishes to ramp up her/his knowledge.
Some final links:
- OphthoLinks.com - nicely curated, but often above medical student level
- Association of Vision Science Libraries with a plethora of information
- ReSpectacle, a non-profit eye glass recycler
- Protective eyewear, because your awareness of eye injuries may increase
- TOMS Optical Frames has the same 1-for-1 charitable deal as their line of shoes
- A nice little Twitter page displaying the #ophthalmology twitter hashtag